Applicants to the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program are required to submit the following:
Application Deadline: March 1, 2015
- Online application
- Non-refundable application fee of $100
- Personal Statement
- One official transcript from all previous academic programs should be mailed to Yale School of Nursing. Unofficial transcripts should also be uploaded directly to the online application.
- Scores from either the TOEFL or the IELTS will be required of non-native speakers of English who have not received either a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a US institution of higher learning.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted electronically through the online application system. Letters may be from clinical, academic, and/or professional references.
- International transcripts must be evaluated by a credentialing agency such as World Education Service or Educational Credential Evaluators. This includes a course by course evaluation, as well as, a certified English translation of all non-English transcripts. International applicants should also review: International Applicants Information
Eligible applicants must hold a master’s degree in nursing or a related field (i.e. MPH, MBA, MHA) and hold a current license to practice as a registered nurse in the United States (Connecticut licensure is not required). If the applicant’s bachelor of science degree is not in nursing, then the master's degree MUST be in nursing. Prior to admission, all candidates are required to have taken and passed (or to take and pass) a graduate level statistics course.
Please note: The DNP program enrolls students on a part time basis.
For more information or questions about the application please contact the Admissions Office.