Applicants to the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program are required to submit the following:
Application Deadline: February 1, 2016
Please note the change in application deadline for 2016.
- Online application (will release August 1, 2015)
- Non-refundable application fee of $100
- Personal Statement
- One official transcript from all previous academic programs should be mailed to Yale School of Nursing. Unofficial transcripts should also be uploaded directly to the online application.
- Scores from either the TOEFL or the IELTS will be required of non-native speakers of English who have not received either a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a US institution of higher learning.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted electronically through the online application system. Letters may be from clinical, academic, and/or professional references.
- International transcripts must be evaluated by a credentialing agency such as World Education Service or Educational Credential Evaluators. This includes a course by course evaluation, as well as, a certified English translation of all non-English transcripts. International applicants should also review: International Applicants Information
- Candidates will have the option of submitting a writing sample with their application. This may be a copy of masters thesis or praxis; research paper; article; a piece of professional writing from a journal or newsletter.
Eligible applicants must hold a master’s degree in nursing or a related field (i.e. MPH, MBA, MHA) and hold a current license to practice as a registered nurse in the United States (Connecticut licensure is not required). If the applicant’s bachelor of science degree is not in nursing, then the master's degree MUST be in nursing.
Prior to enrolling, all candidates are required to have taken and passed (or to take and pass) a graduate level statistics course. The course should be recent; taken within the last 5 years.
Please note: The DNP program enrolls students on a part time basis.
For more information or questions about the application please contact the Admissions Office.