Examples of DNP Capstone Options
This type of project would normally include a feasibility study, strategic plan, implementation, outcome metric development and, if possible in the time frame, evaluation. Such a project could be:
- Practice change initiative
- A Quality Improvement/Performance Management project
- An evidence based practice model change
- Policy/practice case report and analysis
- Design and evaluate new models of care
- Implement and evaluate innovative uses for technology to enhance or evaluate care
- Collaborate with researchers to answer clinical questions
- Collaborate on legislative change using evidence
- Design and evaluate programs
- Conduct financial analyses to compare care models and potential savings
- Design and use databases to retrieve information for decision making, planning, and evaluation
- Work with lay or professional coalitions to develop, implement, or evaluate health programs, such as health promotion, and disease prevention programs for vulnerable patients, groups or communities
Kirkpatrick, J. (2013). The doctor of nursing practice capstone project: consensus or confusion? Journal of Nursing Education, 52(8), 435-441.
Please note: the DNP webpages are under revision through the month of November.