Pre- and Post-doctoral training opportunities for nurses, physicians, behavioral scientists
To train a cohort of fellows in behavioral research in type 1 diabetes, and to advance interprofessional behavioral research in type 1 diabetes.
For PhD students or graduates in nursing, psychology, and related fields with an interest in the study of behavioral aspects of type 1 diabetes across the lifespan.
• Internet behavioral interventions for youth with type 1 diabetes
• Improving outcomes for youth with type 1 diabetes through innovative technologies
• Translational and mixed methods research methods
• Hypoglycemia unawareness in type 1 diabetes
• Eating disorders
• Mood disorders in youth with type 1 diabetes and their parents
• Coping skills training and self-management education
• Health and illness behaviors in chronic illness
• Instrumentation in health research
Margaret Grey, DrPH, RN, FAAN, Dean & Annie Goodrich Professor, YSN
Stuart Weinzimer, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, YSM
William Tamborlane, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, YSM
Robin Whittemore, PhD, RN, FAAN, Associate Professor of Nursing, YSN
Robert Sherwin, MD, Charles H. Long Professor of Medicine, YSM
Carlos Grilo, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry, YSM
Angelo Alonzo, PhD, Research Scientist, YSN
Jane Dixon, PhD, Professor of Nursing, YSN
Nancy Reynolds, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor of Nursing, YSN
For further information, contact Robin Whittemore, Director of the PhD Program at 203-737-2351.
Educating the Next Generation of Research Scientists
YSN's postdoctoral fellowship program is launching a whole new set of future leaders