Office of Financial Aid
The Office of Financial aid at the Yale School of Nursing’s primary goal is to evaluate students and distribute both Federal and institutional aid in a fair and equitable manner. This is done through the evaluation the various financial applications that students submit for financial aid consideration.
Financial aid awards come from various sources and are based on a variety of criteria. The most common sources and of financial aid can be found below:
Federal Direct Unsubsidized loans:
• Direct Unsubsidized Loans are available to undergraduate and graduate students; there is no requirement to demonstrate financial need.
• Your school determines the amount you can borrow based on your cost of attendance and other financial aid you receive.
• You are responsible for paying the interest on a Direct Unsubsidized Loan during all periods.
• If you choose not to pay the interest while you are in school and during grace periods and deferment or forbearance periods, your interest will accrue (accumulate) and be capitalized (that is, your interest will be added to the principal amount of your loan).
Federal Nursing Student Loan:
• The Federal Nursing Student loan is a federal loan available to graduate nursing student who demonstrate financial need.
Yale School of Nursing Scholarship:
• The Yale School of Nursing scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate financial need.
Yale School of Nursing Merit Scholarship
• This scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate strong academic achievement upon admission to the program.
How to contact us
The best way to contact the Financial Aid office is to email us at email@example.com and we will reply to your request within 3-5 business days.