Types of Financial Aid
YSN practices need-blind admissions, and students are admitted to degree programs without regard to their ability to pay. Financial aid is awarded based on demonstrated financial need. U.S. citizens are awarded federal student loans. Students in the Master’s and DNP programs may also be eligible for scholarships, in accordance with federal regulations and school policies. International students in the Master’s program are eligible for scholarships. Part-time Masters students and Post-Master’s Certificate students are eligible for loans only. YSN offers all incoming Ph.D. students a full funding package.
Scholarships for Masters Students
YSN Scholarships are awarded to full-time students with demonstrated need beyond federal loans. YSN also offers a limited number of merit-based scholarships to incoming students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, leadership capacity, and overall excellence. Merit scholarships are awarded by the Admissions Committee, based entirely on the applicant’s admissions materials. No separate application is necessary. If selected merit scholarships are awarded upon acceptance and are renewed annually as long as a student maintains full-time enrollment and a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.50 or higher.
Scholarships for Doctor of Nursing Practice Students
DNP candidates are eligible for financial aid in the form of both loans and limited scholarships. To be eligible for loans or scholarship consideration, applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online before December 1.
DNP candidates are eligible for financial aid in the form of both loans and limited scholarships . To be eligible for loans orscholarship consideration, applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online before December 1.
Loans for Graduate and Professional Students
A variety of loan options for graduate nursing students at Yale are listed here: http://finaid.yale.edu/graduate-aid/loans. Students typically utilize both the Federal Direct Subsidized and PLUS loans. Yale also participates in the Federal Nursing Student Loan program. Nursing Student Loans are awarded to a limited number of students with demonstrated need.
Financial aid awards come from various sources and are based on a variety of criteria. The most common sources and of financial aid can be found below:
Federal Direct Unsubsidized loans:
• Direct Unsubsidized Loans are available to undergraduate and graduate students; there is no requirement to demonstrate financial need.
• Your school determines the amount you can borrow based on your cost of attendance and other financial aid you receive.
• You are responsible for paying the interest on a Direct Unsubsidized Loan during all periods.
• If you choose not to pay the interest while you are in school and during grace periods and deferment or forbearance periods, your interest will accrue (accumulate) and be capitalized (that is, your interest will be added to the principal amount of your loan).
Federal Nursing Student Loan:
• The Federal Nursing Student loan is a federal loan available to graduate nursing student who demonstrate financial need.
Yale School of Nursing Scholarship:
• The Yale School of Nursing scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate financial need.
Yale School of Nursing Merit Scholarship
• This scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate strong academic achievement upon admission to the program.
How to contact us
The best way to contact the Financial Aid office is to email us at email@example.com and we will reply to your request within 3-5 business days.