- Beyond YSN
Graduate Entry Prespecialty in Nursing
The GEPN Program is the first of a three-year, full-time course of study that combines preparation in basic nursing with advanced preparation in a clinical specialty. Students are offered experiences in acute-care hospital units and community settings to achieve YSN’s overall mission of better health for all people.
Upon completion of the pre-specialty year, students continue with their graduate studies in theory, practice, and research.
All GEPN candidates for admission to Yale School of Nursing are required to submit the following:
• Online Application
• Non-refundable application fee of $100 payable by credit card at the time the application is submitted.
• Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae
• Two-page personal essay in response to the appropriate prompt
• One official transcript from each college or university attended mailed to Yale School of Nursing. Unofficial transcripts should be uploaded to the online application.
• Three letters of recommendation (academic, professional, or clinical) submitted electronically through the online application system.
• Scores from the GRE General Exam. Registration information is available at www.ets.org/gre. YSN’s GRE code is 3998. The GRE needs to have been taken in the last five years. GEPN candidates should take the GRE no later than mid-October, and MSN candidates should take the test no later than mid-January.
• International transcripts must be evaluated by a credentialing agency, such as World Education Service or Educational Credential Evaluators. This includes a course-by-course evaluation, as well as a certified English translation of all non-English transcripts. International applicants should also review: International Applicants Information
Please note: Candidates to the GEPN program are not required to take any prerequisite courses to apply and be admitted to the program.