Graduate Entry Pre-Specialty in Nursing (GEPN)
The GEPN Program is the first of a three-year, full-time course of study that combines preparation in basic nursing with advanced preparation in a clinical specialty.
Students are offered experiences in acute-care hospital units and community settings to achieve YSN’s overall mission of better health for all people. Upon completion of the pre-specialty year, students continue their graduate studies in theory, practice, and research within their chosen nursing specialty areas and concentrations.
To learn more about our programs and receive bi-weekly emails with application tips, news, resources and other important information, please submit our inquiry form.
To apply please visit: https://apply.nursing.yale.edu/apply/
- Online Application
- Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Three References (academic, professional, or clinical)
- Un-official transcripts at the time of application
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (required of all non-native English speakers)
- Integrated and comprehensive essay (600 words)
- Two short answer essays (150-300 words)
GRE scores are no longer required for those with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and higher (only bachelor’s degrees are taken into consideration not pre-requisities taken separately). Those with a GPA under 3.0 will be required to take the GRE and score above 50th percentile to qualify for admission.