Student Life and Belonging
Student Life and Belonging embraces diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our community. We are committed to doing so by:
· Treating all persons with dignity and respect;
· Supporting student academic, emotional and community needs;
· Providing and connecting students to appropriate services and resources;
· Working collaboratively with faculty and staff to elevate the student experience.
Student Life and Belonging (SLB) encompasses all aspects of the student experience and assists prospective students, current students and alumni with an array of services to meet their particular needs. The office focuses on orientation, commencement, student life, and wellness and support programs. Additionally, SLB staff works with the Student Government Organization (SGO) and YSN student organizations to support their initiatives. We also offer programs and services to help students successfully transition to Yale; provide assistance as students navigate life/academic challenges as a graduate student; connect them to university resource centers and campus programs; partner students with other professional/graduate schools at Yale; and facilitate connections to organizations and opportunities in the New Haven community.
Jointly with our SLB and Peer Wellness Fellows, we organize an array of student life programs such as community check-ins, weekly yoga, fitness classes, clinical processing groups, financial wellness workshops, Care for the Caregiver programs, Interview days for prospective students and other recruitment programs, Wellness Week and other community and peer support programming.
Saveena Dhall, Associate Dean of Student Life and Belonging
203-737-2258 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student progress (personal, mental health, etc.)
- Connecting to University and New Haven resources
- Student Life (programs, opportunities, activities, etc.)
- Assistance navigating YSN Policies
- Support needed as a graduate and professional school student
Click here to read more about Saveena!
Triana Lyde, Student Service Coordinator
203-737-3832 | email@example.com
- Provide advanced programmatic and administrative support for student life programming
- YSN student services and campus partner programs, commencement support and other SLB events
- Oversees student services requests and related projects
Click here to read more about Triana!