What courses am I required to take as prerequisites to apply to the GEPN program?
The four required prerequisite courses are:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II with lab (4 credits/semester). (May complete one semester of anatomy and one semester of physiology both with labs as separate courses.)
- General Chemistry with lab (4 credits) * note: a 3-credit Intro to Chemistry course does not qualify
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
Please take note of the following requirements:
- 2 of the required prerequisites must be completed by the application deadline of Nov 1st.
- If admitted, all 4 courses must be completed by June 1st before you begin the program.
- All courses must be taken at an accredited college or university.
- A grade of B- (80) or higher in each course must be earned.
- Courses may be taken either in-person or online.
- Courses must have been completed within the 8 years prior to application submission.
Can I apply without the prerequisites but take them if admitted?
Yes. As long as the prerequisites are completed by June 15th, you may apply without having completed them.
Is there a specific or recommended order the prerequisites should be taken in?
The prerequisites do not need to be taken in a particular order.
Does taking the prerequisites shorten the duration or reduce the number of credits required in the GEPN program?
No. Prerequisite courses do not formally transfer in to the GEPN program and do not reduce the number of credits required in order to complete it. Prerequisite courses do not substitute for any of the coursework required in the GEPN program.