The following is a summary of benefits to which YSN Preceptors are entitled:
Courtesy Faculty Benefits
• You may use your official courtesy faculty title, as confirmed in your letter of appointment (e.g., Clinical Instructor, Assistant or Associate Clinical Professor, Clinical Professor), and your affiliation Yale’s School of Nursing may be listed on your curriculum vitae, commencing with your initial appointment.
• Yale School of Nursing courtesy faculty are invited to Yale School of Nursing events throughout the year, including the Sybil Palmer Bellos lecture and Wisser Tea reception, Scholar’s Day, and additional events. You will also receive a complimentary subscription to Yale Nursing Matters magazine, published twice per year.
• Courtesy Faculty are welcome to use the Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library, located at 333 Cedar Street, as well as any of the University libraries, although these require a University identification (I.D.) card. You may obtain a Yale University I.D. by contacting the Clinical support Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Eligible to audit one YSN course per year, with permission from the course faculty.
• Membership at the Payne Whitney Gymnasium is also available to our Courtesy Faculty (valid University I.D. is required). For information about membership, facilities, programs and fees, please call 203-432-1444.
• With a valid University I.D., you will receive preferred seating at Yale University Athletics events, e.g., football games, hockey, basketball, etc. For additional information about events and tickets call 203-432-1400 or the Yale Sports Hotline at 203-432-YALE.
• You may also visit the Yale Golf Course & Grille Room (203-432-0895), Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History (203-432-5050), Yale University Art Gallery (203-432-0600), Yale Cabaret (203-432-1566) and Yale School of Drama Productions (203-432-1234), Yale Center for British Art (203-432-2800), Yale School of Music concerts (203-432-4157, McNay Family Sailing Center (203-488-9333), and the Yale Repertory Theatre (203-432-1234).
• Invitation to the Annual Preceptor Appreciation Event at YSN; CNE credit is provided
• Receive Continuing Education (CE) credits for precepting students through:
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC); see renewal Category 5: Preceptor Hours
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB); Option 1: Recertify by Clinical Practice Hours and Continuing Education (CE)
YSN can also facilitate any clinical research ideas that you are eager to pursue, giving you the necessary support to execute these projects. This may be accomplished through consultation or through participation in the Practice-Based Research Network, NetHaven, that is supported by YSN and the Yale Center for Clinical Investigation. For more information about NetHaven please visit the following link. We’d love to have you join!