The following is a summary of benefits to which YSN Preceptors are entitled:
- Courtesy Faculty appointment to YSN
- Access to Yale Medical Library via Internet (this includes Medline and Ovid) and in-person
- Discount at Yale sports events
- Discount membership fee to Payne-Whitney gym
- Discount tickets to Yale Repertory Theater
- Invitation to all lectures, guest speakers, and special events held at YSN
- Invitation to the annual Bellos Lecture and reception at YSN
- Ability to take part in continuing education workshops offered at YSN at a discount
- Documentation of your precepting hours if you choose to use the precepting experience for ANCC re-certification requirements
In addition there is the incentive of being an integral part of the educational process of graduate level nurse practitioners. YSN attracts a student body that is diverse, intelligent and from a wide variety of backgrounds. It is exciting to be part of the education of these people as they enter advanced practice nursing. Clinical precepting keeps you on your toes clinically and can serve as an incentive for your continuing education.
YSN can also facilitate any clinical research ideas that you are eager to pursue, giving you the necessary support to execute these projects. This may be accomplished though consultation or through participation in the Practice-Based Research Network, NetHaven that is supported by YSN and the Yale Center for Clinical Investigation. For more information about NetHaven please visit the following link. We’d love to have you join!