Proposal Submission Guidelines
- PI should notify Gina Della Porta of intent to submit proposal.
- PI and Gina Della Porta review announcement/guidelines and discuss timeline and proposal requirements.
- PI works with Gina Della Porta on budget preparation.
- PI requests and collects biosketches and letters of support from co-investigators and collaborators.
- PI writes ‘science,’ proposal narrative, budget justification, abstract, etc.
- An internal scientific review is encouraged, particularly for early-stage investigators. If a review is requested, this will be built into the timeline.
- Gina Della Porta reviews final proposal and budget for completeness and communicates with PI if additional corrections or revisions are required. PIs should budget enough time for this step in the process.
- Gina Della Porta submits final, approved proposal to Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) no less than 5-business days in advance of deadline. The proposal is submitted electronically; PI(s) and Business Office must review and approve via electronic approval routing system. If the budget includes Yale faculty from other departments, the departmental business office must also approve.
- OSP reviews, approves, and submits electronic proposals to foundation/agency/funder. If paper submission is required, this will be managed by Gina Della Porta, once the proposal is approved by OSP.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: Contact Gina Della Porta to discuss the following:
Working with the Development Office: Gift vs. Grant
Internal Yale funded proposal
Preliminary proposals or letters of intent