Proposal Submission Guidelines
- PI should notify Sarah Zaino of intent to submit proposal.
- PI and Sarah Zaino review announcement/guidelines and discuss timeline and proposal requirements.
- PI works with Sarah Zaino on budget preparation.
- PI requests and collects biosketches and letters of support from co-investigators and collaborators.
- PI writes ‘science,’ proposal narrative, budget justification, abstract, etc.
- An internal scientific review is encouraged, particularly for early-stage investigators. If a review is requested, this will be built into the timeline.
- Sarah Zaino reviews final proposal and budget for completeness and communicates with PI if additional corrections or revisions are required. PIs should budget enough time for this step in the process.
- Sarah Zaino submits final, approved proposal to Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) no less than 5-business days in advance of deadline. The proposal is submitted electronically; PI(s) and Business Office must review and approve via electronic approval routing system. If the budget includes Yale faculty from other departments, the departmental business office must also approve.
- OSP reviews, approves, and submits electronic proposals to foundation/agency/funder. If paper submission is required, this will be managed by Sarah Zaino, once the proposal is approved by OSP.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: Contact Sarah Zaino to discuss the following:
Working with the Development Office: Gift vs. Grant
Internal Yale funded proposal
Preliminary proposals or letters of intent