Yale School of Nursing Candidate School for Nurses & Midwives
Have you thought about running for elected office?
Do you have a nurse friend/colleague that has?
Mark your calendar for May 27-30, 2020 and be one of the 50 nurses to attend the Yale Candidate School for Nurses and Midwives!
At Yale School of Nursing, we seek to:
- Inspire nurses to run for office, particularly down ballot races
- Provide training and support to help nurses who run win
- Promote a culture within nursing where we support our colleagues who enter politics
- Add to what we know about nurses in elected office
The Yale Campaign School for Nurses will be:
- Targeted specifically to nurses
- Practical – with advice and information you can use
- Focused on state and local races
The agenda will include:
- Developing a campaign plan
- Building a campaign team
- Understanding party politics
- Creating your narrative
- Navigating campaign finance and fundraising
- Interacting with the Media
- Building a grass-roots network through field organizing
- Utilizing digital/online organizing
The faculty will include campaign experts and nurses who have run for office.
The school will be limited to 50 nurses to allow for interactive Q & A with experts.
The program will begin Wednesday evening with an opening reception. Thursday and Friday will be long days – just like a campaign! We will conclude Saturday at 5pm.
Tuition: $595. Limited scholarships will be available.