The Yale Office of Global Affairs & Planetary Health (GAPH) believes in improving the health of communities in the United States and around the world by promoting a global learning experience rooted in diverse opportunities for collaborative research and scholarship.
GAPH is responsible for coordinating the Yale School of Nursing (YSN)’s programs worldwide by developing and organizing academic programs about global and planetary health. As a member of the Yale Institute of Global Health, GAPH is the intersecting point for a wealth of opportunities across Yale.
GAPH believes in fostering an environment focused on health education that is rooted in science, global partnership and cultural awareness, because we believe that all people deserve better health. The office initiates and supports educational experiences and engages in activities that advance the health of communities and their environments around the world.
The office works to support YSN and the Yale community by:
- Facilitating nursing research
- Integrating the concepts of global affairs and planetary health into all programs of study at YSN
- Coordinating with the Yale Institute of Global Health to leverage shared interests across health professional schools
- Developing and supporting strategic partnerships inside the Yale community and beyond
- Incorporating the perspectives and experiences of international students and faculty into the YSN community
- Increasing the resilience of healthcare systems to planetary stressors