Student Handbook & Guidelines

YSN Documents



YSN 2018-2019 Bulletin
The bulletin holds essential material and information for the student, including the School’s history, program information, and course descriptions. It also identifies expected outcomes. It represents the agreement between the School and the student.

YSN Student Handbook Index

6.  Leave of Absence and Withdrawal
7.  Challenge Policy
12. Extension of Time for Students to Complete Work
15. Summer Registration for Students
17. Non-Matriculated Auditors and Students
18. Part-Time Study
19. Course Withdrawal
21. Licensure
22. Grading System and Definitions of Honors, High Pass, Pass, Fail
23. MSN/DNP Students in Academic Difficulty
31. Tuition Rebate and Refund
32. Personal Conduct Policy
33. Disciplinary Procedures
34. Children in YSN Classrooms and Common Areas
36. Satisfactory Academic Progress: Implications for Financial Aid
[ ]. Education Records
[ ]. Students Participating in Commencement before Completion of Requirements

Students in the PhD Program can access the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Programs and Policies Bulletin here.

Additional Student Guidelines


Students With Associate Degrees in Nursing

All potential RN candidates whose highest degree in nursing is an associate’s degree and who also hold a BS degree in another field will be required to take a community health course in order to be enrolled into the Yale School of Nursing’s master’s degree program. An e-learn course that meets the objectives for N513c, Community Health Nursing and Public Health, such as the one offered by the New York State Nurses Association Continuing Education (, is acceptable. In addition to providing proof of community health content, the applicant will have to complete a community health related project that can be part of course work prior to graduation. The nature and extent of this project will be co-determined with the respective specialty coordinator. If you are interested in taking the course offered by the New York State Nurses Association Continuing Education, please contact the Office of Student Affairs in order to gain access.